In 2010, Tampa Police cracked down hard on Gasparilla Arrests. That year the police arrested more than 400 party-goers. Since then the arrests have plummetted. You should still be safe. You should still be careful. If you need an attorney call 813.222.2220.
Avoid Gasparilla Arrests
- If you are under 21 years old do not drink at all.
- You should only drink or carry an open container in the “wet zone.”
- You should use the port-a-potty. No one wants to have you urinate in public.
- You want to be sure and park in an area that is legal parking.
- Do not drink and drive. You can have a sober friend drive. Or you can call a taxi, Uber or Lyft.
Gasparilla Arrests Report
According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s records, there were few arrests at Gasparilla 2016. UPDATE: The final tally from the Tampa Police Department (TPD) was 24 misdemeanor arrests and 2 felony busts. The Florida Game Commission made a BUI Boating Under the Influence arrest in Hillsborough Bay, there was some Disorderly Conduct, and a few Driving Under the Influence charges. Standby for an official announcement from law enforcement source.
Channel 28 initially reported #Gasparilla Arrest Update: “Tampa Police . . . two felony arrests & 21 misdemeanor busts.”
Tampa Police Department Reports Felony Arrests
1 aggravated battery/active warrant
1 battery on a law enforcement officer
2 Total Felony Arrests for Gasparilla
Misdemeanor Charges Reported by the Tampa Police
4 possession of marijuana
3 adult underage drinking
3 boating under the influence
3 disorderly conduct
3 resist arrest without violence
2 trespass after warning
1 open container/striking a police horse
1 open container
1 petit theft
1 possession of a synthetic drug
1 open container citation
24 Misdemeanor Arrests for Gasparilla